Basketball is for girls and boys playing ages: (pre K and K), (first and second graders), and (third and fourth graders). Playing age is the age of the child October 1. Registration will be October 1- mid November (Dates to be announced). Potential coaches must apply (pass background check) and attend organizational meeting in late November.
All teams are formed and players assigned to teams by the B&G Club. Teams will be formed within each community as feasible but all registrations and drafts must go through the B&G Club office. Players who played last year may stay on the same team if they choose, but ALL other players will be assigned. Register Monday - Friday from noon till 6pm. Fees are $25.00 membership plus $40.00 athletic fee per school year.
Parents' Code of Ethics
I hereby pledge to provide support, care and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents’ Code of Ethics:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every practice or game.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will require that my child’s coach uphold the Coaches’ Code of Ethics.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth—NOT adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
Boys and Girls Club of
Malvern And Hot Spring County
1840 W Moline
Malvern, AR 72104
Phone: (501) 337-4462
Fax: (501) 337-5463